What Is Cold Mechanical
Cold Mechanical Stitching is a method used to
repair cracks in industrial metal without welding or heating. This method is stronger and more durable than
welding and can ususally be performed on site. Other names are metal locking, metal surgery, cold welding, stitch welding and crack
Metal Crack Stitching as been providing cast iron and
other metal crack repair without welding for over 25 years. Feel free to evaluate our work in pictures
and then contact us for a quote.
- Restores strength and seals in high pressure
- Sectional removal or replacement
- On-site repairs with little or no dismantling of equipment
- Saves costly replacements and down time
- Over 25 years of experience
- Price quoted over phone on most occasions
We serve virtually every industry:
Pulp and Paper
Utilities, etc., etc.,
Each repair is different. It requires
individual attention. Quality depends on proper design of repair and workmanship. The proof is in the
experience and we have it!!!!!
- Drill a series of holes perpendicular to the crack.
- Join the holes together with chisel so as to form an accurate slot.
- Insert preformed alloy keys individually into the slots. Due to the serrated design of
keys, the casting sections on both sides of the crack are locked together.
- After the keys are installed, threaded dowels of same alloy are placed along the crack in
between the keys in tangent to each other to ensure shear strength and pressure-tight
- Super keys are reinforcement units, used for higher strength, at areas of maximum stress or
wear. These keys are made to size and installed at high stress areas, where parent metal is
being removed. The purpose is to dissipate local stress over wider areas.
The Cold Stitching
Engine & Generator frames
Utilities & Sewage Components
Hydro Turbine Runners
Gears & Housings
Bearings & much more!